Monday, December 17, 2007

May Danny Come Out and Play?

As children, we ran like crazy around the neighborhood. The season or the weather didn't matter. Sometimes we were called home for some silly reason like dinner but we ran back outside as soon as that obligation was over. I remember friends at the door asking, "Can Sheri come out and play?" Unless I was in trouble, I bolted. I get a little crazy that most children seem to have lost that magical childhood experience.

The other day the husband was kind enough to run some errands for me. It was snowing/icing, etc. But, he must've lost track of time. I answered our home phone and a friend (and one of his card-playing buddies) said, "Mrs. Roman, may Danny come out and play?"

I still have my play dates so I can't tease him too much. Even our dog has play dates. The oldies will never get this about us.

No comments: