Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Hate

I don't use the word hate very often. In fact, I try to never use it when I'm speaking of a person, only a situation.

I hate living with the oldies.

Here's a quick list of some of the things I hate:

  • The money we've spent
  • The cloud of depression that permeates our home
  • Worrying about car accidents, fires, falls and whatever comes next
  • The constant ding from the Game Show Network
  • The smell of frying
  • The paperwork that goes with elder care
  • The obsession with the mail
  • The constant questions: "When will he be home?' "What should we do for dinner?" "Why do you spend so much time with your girlfriends?"
  • The time away from business and things I would rather be doing.
  • The repeated stories
  • The crap that shows up because they're "entitled to it."
  • The moods, the walkers, the canes, the wheelchairs
  • Sitting at the table with the Unibomber because it's 80 degrees, but he has a hood on his head due to the freezing temperatures.

No comments: