Friday, March 13, 2009

Big Hair Jobs



I can make my hair look like this. In fact, it probably looks like hers right now. Plus, I"m pretty sure this job is in my future.

Phone calls from my temp agency cause two immediate feelings: happiness and dread. I prefer working and get a little excited at the possibility of making my car payment or having the money to get my roots done. (It all comes back to hair!) But I also have learned to live with the feeling of dread. Companies don't use employment/temporary agencies to fill jobs that I am interested in or qualified for. Especially in this economy.

Happiness and dread go hand in hand in lots of situations. But let's not go there.

"The trouble with unemployment is that you wake up in the morning and you're on the job."
Slappy White

1 comment:

janis said...

Maybe a job from Hallmark modeling? Big Hair~Big Bucks.

I love you Girl, but please, I fear any customer that would get you as their waitress. Thoughts of a certain girl, CR, at a party back in the day, her asking me to fetch her another drink, and you saying, "oh no, allow me", your wordless response with her drink, not exactly waitressing skills!

You ARE my hero!