Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just Like High School




For all of my years as a student, I consistently received two comments on my report card:
"Excellent student" or "Talks too much in class"
Forgive the distinction but although I did talk in class, I was responding! Someone ... usually one of the girls above had asked a question, made a comment, sent me a look or passed me a note.

Our girlfriend reunion weekend was magical. I expected it to be great and I was not disappointed. The four of us could sit in a room with nothing to do but watch paint dry and we could not run out of conversation or laughter. We ate a lot of junk and tried to fill it in with some healthy stuff. We asked our questions and they ran the gamut from funny to morose to reflective.

They all went to my church on Sunday. I tried to be an excellent student. And yes, we were a tad disruptive.

To my goldies, thank you!

4 comments:

janis said...

Funny how we never run out of conversation and laughs!

I am glad you still understand my look and know exactly what I am thinking. It was worth getting called out @ church to make sure you "heard" me. I think it was good that Lynn & Deb separated us or we would have lost it a couple of times!
Your church is lovely! They made us feel so welcomed! Rev Cameron is wonderful.

I feel so blessed to have you girlfriends. Imagine us not having each other. (Ewe, that isn't pleasant!)

One more thing, exactly what did we eat that was healthy? All I can think of is the fruit in my drink.

cecily crossman said...

Glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

I think I dipped a few carrot sticks in the cheese ball...Deb.

Anonymous said...

If you're not going to add regularly-I will quit sneaking in at work-YOU KNOW WHO