Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An Anniversary of Sorts

Today is sort of an anniversary. "Sort of" comes into play for a couple of reasons:
Technically, the husband and I got married right after midnight so our real anniversary is January 1st but since the ceremony was at our friends' home during a New Year's celebration, I think of New Year's Eve as the actual anniversary.

Although we will probably both acknowledge this evening in our own way, we will not be doing it as a couple.

It's sort of sad. (OK, really sad.) Yet, it's sort of a relief. It's also sort of mind boggling and scary. It's sort of lonely. It's definitely different than any NYE I've celebrated in the last 18 years.

I'm looking forward to 2009 and I'm sort of ready for this holiday to be over.

3 comments:

janis said...

I am thinking of you, and love you. Remember the Ant and I will call you later.

Anonymous said...

If you ever marry again I think it should be to Gabby. Is gay-interspecies marraige legal in Indiana? It should be. Cherish your good memories and look forward to making some new ones. I love you....Deb

janis said...

HaHa! That's good Deb! Made me laugh.