Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Libraries and Bookstores

I own and have read an obscene number of books.  I share and I donate many to my church for our annual bazaar but I still have too many.  Another weeding-out project awaiting me in the new year.

As habits go, it's not a bad one but I must be frugal.  No more strolling through the bookstore and buying whatever strikes my fancy.  So, today I dusted off my library card.  Did you know that you can practically check out an unlimited number of books?  Seriously, I asked.  The limit for one visit is something like 125 books.  I want to interview the person who does that.

It's not the same as cracking open a brand new book and enjoying the tactile experience.  But it's pretty darn close.  (And free.)  I found several titles in my favorite categories.  My nightstand stack is full.

Now I must learn not to dog-ear the pages or write in the margins.  I can't afford to have them revoke my privileges.

2 comments:

janis said...

How Fun! It has been years since I went to the library for myself! Can I go with you next time? Lets go to a coffee shop after the venture (=

Anonymous said...

Nick is a big library patron. We get weekly calls telling him that a book he ordered has come in. And I can hardly get through a book any moore. To me, that is a great loss. Patsy