Sunday, December 28, 2008

For Dog Lovers

I realize there are people who do not like dogs. There are others who may like them but choose not to own a dog due to extensive travel, allergies or other issues. I would willingly give myself a daily allergy shot (and you know how much I love needles) than live without a dog. With the exception of a couple of periods here and there, I have always had one. As long as I am able, I always will.

My dogs have seen me through many rough patches in my life. The Gabster is no exception. Her big brown eyes see my soul -- yes, I believe that. She is loyal and that is a characteristic I admire in people and in animals. She is huge yet she will gently crawl on my lap and lick my tears.

For my fellow dog lovers, here are a few of my favorite dog quotes:

Whoever said "let sleeping dogs lie" didn't sleep with dogs.
-- Unknown

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
-- Anonymous

The more I see of men, the more I admire dogs.
-- Jeanne-Marie Roland

If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either.
-- Unknown

When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day.
-- Unknown

To err is human, to forgive, canine.
-- Unknown

The dog, in life the firmest friend. The first to welcome, foremost to defend.
-- Lord Byron

You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.
-- Woodrow Wilson

Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends.
-- Alexander Pope

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
-- Unknown

1 comment:

janis said...

how about...
Bark Less,
Wag More.