Thursday, January 8, 2009

Are You Ready?

Did you know that digital television signals will replace analog signals next month? Did you know if you do not have cable, a satellite dish or a converter box your television with the rabbit ears will not work with the new signals? If you do not know this, you do not watch television and you must live under a rock.

I counted the other day. There were 14 announcements about this conversion. Ellen has a promo. So does Oprah. There are public service announcemtns throughout programming. They mention it on practically every newscast. It's in the newspaper on a regular basis.

Few people enjoy as much television as I do. I have it on for specific programs and I leave it on for background noise. But I'm almost convinced that the Second Coming would generate less press.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo sick of this media blitz, almost worse than the presidential election...Deb

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha, ha! Now they want to push the start date back because not enough people are ready fot the switch. What is wrong with this country? Patsy

Anonymous said...

Met my old lover in the grocery store---the snow was falling Christmas Eve!

Remember this?

Having flashbacks listening to this tonight.

Happy New Year!

Rich