Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Steak and Some Rock & Roll

Today the birthday of two famous men. Rod Stewart turns 64 and he's still belting out the tunes. He's avoiding oldieville quite successfully. George Foreman turns 60 today. He's fathered approximately 120 children -- all of them named George -- while making tons of money as a boxer and then ultimately with the George Foreman Grill. (I think there are as many versions of the grill as he has children.)

I have seen Rod Stewart in concert so many times I have lost count. I still listen to him on my iPod. And of course, I love my George Foreman grill. In some small way, it's an example of how our lives touch each other.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

I love my Rod Stewart Great American Songbook, Vols. I and II.

janis said...

You made me laugh!
We did see Rod many many times.
And I must asmit the George Foreman has been out of the pantry much while the girls were on break!How do you know these birthdays?