Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Butts and Guts

There is a huge sign in a strip center near my church that screams, "COLON AND RECTAL CARE." I don't know about you but I wouldn't be keen on going there for a diagnosis or treatment. I wouldn't even want to park near the sign.

My mother is a medical transcriber, a career I do not aspire to. (I've seen the hours and I might become suicidal listening to other people's medical histories.) Her primary physicians work in gastrointestinal (GI) practices in one of our country's premier hospitals. I have never been in their offices but I'm guessing there are no humongous Colon and Rectal Care signs.

In our silly moments, my mother and I refer to GI medicine as "Butts and Guts." Recently she's added a psychiatrist to her roster of physicians so now it's Butts, Guts and Nuts.

2 comments:

janis said...

You gals are too funny!

Anonymous said...

lol that was funny love ya your sister