Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Where's the Cord?

Here's just one of the reasons I am terrified of electronics: there are too many cords. Especially with computers -- cords (or a wireless connection which I think still has a cord somewhere) for printers, mouse, etc. If I want to download photos, I have to find the cord that goes between the camera and the computer. Same with my iPod.

I can operate most household electronics; I just can't set them up. In days past you had to connect the television to cable and then set up the VCR and the DVD player. Now people have Blue Ray, which I have no clue what it is except it's the newest generation of a way to watch movies. Some people can set up elaborate stereo systems and surround sound. Not me.

I'm pretty good at figuring out remotes, computer software and recording programs through various electronics. I just need someone whose brain is wired differently than mine to deal with the set up and find the cords.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. Sometimes I think I would like to go join the Amish...Deb

janis said...

HaHa!
I am going to come over and put a tiny tag to each cord and get you something to keep the spares in. I will even color code them for you!