Wednesday, January 7, 2009

On The Sick Pillow

Whatever the ailment might be, my oldies and I refer to it as being "on the sick pillow." The unwritten rules are:

You may (and are encouraged to) stay in bed.

Napping is mandatory.

You are allowed to choose the menu based on what sounds good and what you think your stomach will tolerate.

All household chores are removed from duty; you have no duties.

You get the television remote.

Ice cream is encouraged -- you must keep up your strength!

You may bathe but then it's fresh pjs and right back in bed.

You get to decide if the house is too warm or too cold.

People must come to you instead of you getting up and walking to them.

My father has been on the sick pillow since Saturday afternoon. All rules are in full force. My mother is a little suspicious that he enjoys being on the sick pillow and might milk it a bit. I don't know if he enjoys it but two little dogs are reveling in it.

4 comments:

cecily crossman said...

I hope he's off the sick pillow soon.

janis said...

Tell Paul he is in my Prayers. Also, milk it while he can (:

Anonymous said...

I hope he's better soon, there is a lot of funky stuff going around now. But, we all know how men can be when they're sick. They never get sick and it's the end of the world. Thank goodness they don't get sick that often.

Get well soon Paul!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Nick told Paul that they cannot go to John's Hot Stew anymore because it makes him sick (meaning Paul). Get well soon Paul. Patsy