Tuesday, January 27, 2009

But Wait, There's More!


Some days, I feel like I'm living in a bad infomercial. You know, the kind that make you want to throw things at the television.

I digress but my personal favorite right now is the Snuggie. It's beyond absurd. There's a great article in this week's Time Magazine about the Snuggie. My favorite quote from the article, taken from a rant on YouTube is this: "It's a bathrobe. That is really long. That you wear backwards."

Some parts of my life are ill fitting right now. Many things that I took for granted now seem backward. Many other things have proven cozy and comfortable... I just forgot for a while.

Who knows what's coming next? I'll keep plugging along. And when I've had enough, maybe I'll put my bathrobe on backwards.

3 comments:

janis said...

HaHaHA!
I was just thinking about the Snuggie this afternoon. Had a chill and the blanket I was trying to wrap around got in the way of my typing on the laptop! I thought, maybe I need a Snuggie!

Anonymous said...

OK, I must admit that the boys and I saw the infomercial on the Snuggie and thought "what a great idea!" I'm always cold in the winter, especially when I'm downstairs on the computer. The only reason I didn't order anything is because the last time I tried to order from TV it didn't turn out so well. I called to order and the guy kept trying to sell me other products. I told him no several times and told him if he tried to sell me one more thing I was going to cancel my order and hang up. Well guess what? He tried and I hung up! Never more on the TV orders! Kim

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=wtf+blanket&aq=f

This is an ad parody that we laughed pretty hard over. The language may be a bit raw but it makes its point pretty well.

C