Thursday, November 15, 2007

Crying Wolf

The oldies went to the VA a couple of weeks ago. It's his normal, required appointment so the drugs will be automatically sent to the house. (I did actually ask my attorney if I could be held liable in case of an overdose since I sign for all the narcotics.) He must spend hours trying to come up with new symptoms … stomach, bowels, headache, etc.

Last month it was one thing. Now it’s another. Apparently, he’s having awful headaches so they’ve prescribed two new drugs, ordered a brain scan, an MRI and an appointment with the ENT physician. (His headaches never stop him from eating.) Nothing is ever minimal or manageable -- it's the WORST headache/stomachache/congestion/name your own symptom ever!

So, I asked her … what if they say he has a brain tumor? What if he has something as simple as a deviated septum or a sinus infection? With his heart condition and other ailments, would you suggest he have surgery? The answer is a resounding NO!!!!! But they will continue to make the trips to the VA and use up all the tests that they can.

He’s the boy who cries “Wolf.” I’m over it. I’m paying for it. So are you.

Yet, I have this lingering fear that something serious will pop up and I will ignore it or downplay it because of these theatrics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do know that when I lay in bed to long I get headaches. That could be part of the problem.