Sunday, November 11, 2007

Junk Food

Junk food is not my thing, with the possible exception of potato chips. Even with chips, I eat them with a sandwich. I do not plant myself in front of the television with an open bag.

Fast food is not my favorite but I spent a lot of time in McDonald's when the baby went crazy for chicken McNuggets and the play area. I must admit that I will have a Big Mac or an egg McMuffin on a road trip. but I never eat the entire thing.

The husband and I are not hung up on a big dinner. We might go out. We might fix a salad or a sandwich. Some nights, we don't eat. Depending on what we had for lunch and what time we ate lunch, we're not hungry. Or, it's not worth the trouble. It's not like we're going to starve by missing a meal. This has never occured to the oldies. Three meals a day, plus snacks. Dessert with every meal.

If I'm feeling hungry and madcap, I have cheese and crackers in the late afternoon.

There's a tremendous obesity problem in this country. Constant (and mindless) snacking has proven to be a contributing factor, along with lethargy.

Sometimes we're not in sync. The other day, I went to a movie and ate some popcorn and a few candy bites. It was more junk food than I've had in years.

Just my luck, the husband wanted to go out to dinner. He hadn't eaten all day.

No comments: