Thursday, November 8, 2007

Hunting

I went hunting today.

Not like when my cousin Scott goes hunting ... he goes to Africa or South America. He sends me amazing photos and although I don't share his passion for the sport, I am in awe. He's also pretty talented with hunting lucrative business deals.

My hunting is a lot more tame. I don't even need my bullet.

I was supposed to meet my mother for lunch. Something came up with the oldies so I discussed a possible postponement until tomorrow. I said I would call in an hour.

The issue was resolved and I headed out. I called her home. I called her cell phone. I started leaving LOUD messages: Hello! Hello! I know it's going to a recorder but it made me feel better.

I drove to the other side of town, sat in her driveway for a while and then came to a decision: I will find her.

She and my Aunt Judy were having lunch in a cafe that she had mentioned to me. This occurred to me after I'd run through Kroger, stopped at the church, drove through the parking lot at Wendy's and Red Lobster. Finding the little cafe was tricky. I wish I had a photo of the look on her face when I walked in the door.

Scott has nothing on me. I'm a pretty good hunter too.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Our last phone conversation was that you were driving the oldies to the family physician's office. Lunch was postponed until tomorrow. I was completely in shock when you walked in the door of the restaurant. You are certainly tenacious. I was thrilled to see you. Sorry about not answering my cell phone. I keep it in my purse, and I can never hear it ring. I carry it so that I can make outgoing calls. Incoming calls are sometimes a problem. I will keep working on that. Obiously, I can run from you but can't hide.
Lunch was fun! Wish we could to it more often.
Love,
Mom

cecily crossman said...

I love this!! Yes, you are tenacious.

Like your mom, I'm so bad with my cell phone - but trying to be better.

Wish I could have showed up for lunch as well.

Sandy said...

Cess, I wish you could have been there too. We had a few laughs..always good for the soul.

janis said...

One day, when Sheri was hunting the Momma, she sent me to MCL to assist. She knew the Momma was there with a group of ladies. Sheri was on the other side of town, and knew I would drop anything to find the Momma! Sure enough, there she was with a lovely group of ladies. Once again, the Momma had her cell phone with her but this time I believe it was not on. I appreciate that she believes in not allowing it to be a nusiance to disturb a lunch date, rather a means of communicating when she needs a phone. Anyway, my instructions were, when I found the Momma, I was to instruct her to turn on her phone! A certain someone, must be able to reach all and any of her many people (refer to the blog on.."I have people for that" or actually it was the Streisand song title I believe, "People who need People", back during the summer months). Anyway, my point, Sheri is the best darn hunter I know. She can find anyone, if she is dertermined enough. Smart cookie! She will figure out just about anything!

Sandy said...

Jan, I think Sheri missed her calling. I told her yesterday she should have been a detective.