Thursday, September 4, 2008

Actual Sentences Said to Me

This has been a weird year and we're only three quarters of the way through it.

It started in January when the Belle made it clear, in actions and in words, that she was done. She wanted to die and I believe she willed herself to die.

The Captain was a lost sailor without her. He would often tell me or the husband that he wanted to die. He did.

A friend told me that she's reevaluating her life and doesn't need friends.

My father said he wasn't feeling well. In my opinion, he was receiving inadequate medical care. I jumped in and now I'm sure my parents want to knock me out of the way.

The husband told me the other night that we need a new adventure. I'm not sure what planet he comes from but my life is already an adventure. I want him healthy and happy. I want my parents healthy. I want the baby to excel in college. I want my girlfriends to be able to take a deep breath without worrying about children, parents, grandchildren, etc.

Someone said to me, "I don't like your husband sometimes." If there's a person that you like 100 percent, all the time -- my bet is that you don't know that person very well.

3 comments:

cecily crossman said...

What an unkind thing for someone to say to you!

Anonymous said...

How sad that someone would think they don't need friends anymore. I think I'd wilt and die without my friends. Kim

janis said...

Ditto Ditto.
I would DIE without my friends. In fact, I think I know you pretty darn well & I STILL like you 100% of the time. You can make me crazy, but I still like, no make that love you 120% of the time.
Maybe your friend reevaluating her life is crying out, I knew a woman that once said, she liked herself enough that she didn't need friends. I was determined to be her friend & show her how wonderful friendship is. It was hard!(Not the nicest person). But I won her over, and her husband thanked me. Although, sadly we are not friends anymore.