Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Sophomore Year



The baby is back in school. It's his sophomore year and I am jealous. I think the sophomore year is the most fun -- none of that freshman panic and none of the junior and senior year pressures. Here's what's great:
You know your way around.
You've made new friends that you can't wait to see again.
You have a better understanding of your own study habits and how to accomplish your goals.
You're not low man on the totem pole -- freshmen seek your advice.

The pictures above are from the first night of returning to school for my sophomore year. We spent the summer apart, working our little jobs and doing family things. On that night, we all agreed we mostly spent the summer counting down the days until we could be back together. We did not have email or cell phones. No one had ever heard of texting because it hadn't been invented yet. So, we got through the summer and when we met up again, we danced.

In the movie, "Groundhog's Day," Bill Murray lives the same day over and over. If I could live one year over and over again, it would be my sophomore year of college.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Does Rich have a mustache? I don't remember his having a mustache. Why are you on your back with legs in the air? Looks as if you are all having wild and crazy fun.

Anonymous said...

All this time I thought that Rich just stayed in his room and studied every day. What a shock! I forgot about the mustache. Great pictures. Patsy

Anonymous said...

I just looked at the pictures again and I do not think that i Sheri on the floor because she is in white pants. So, who is that wild child? Patsy

Sandy said...

That is Sheri on the floor in the first picture, and in the second picture that is the back of Sheri's head. It looks as if they are getting ready to toss her in the air. What fun!?

Anonymous said...

The person with the mustache is not me (Rich)-- do not know who that is.

I think the person in the white pants is Lisa Desch-- is this was Sheri's first night back then they had just met that day.

What a lot of memories seeing Sheri Reed broght back.

Rich

Anonymous said...

It just came to me!!! That cute gal in the white pants is Laura Bauman!!!! I used to stay in touch with her and saw her a lot when I lived in Chicago. I have lost touch with her but know she did get married back in the mid 1990's. Do you have any updates on her?

Was great to see a picture of Belene as well.

You should post more pictures of this time in our youth!!!

Thanks for the memories,

Rich