Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Different Times; Different Places




This is only a few of my college girlfriends and I'm sad to admit that I have no idea who is in the middle. But I'm thinking about them. Not only because the baby is in college but for where we are in life.

One of the friends in this photo is a widow and now raising two girls without her beloved. Another is getting married for the first time next month and about to become a step mom -- a position I highly recommend.

We're all roughly the same age and we're all in different places. Some have young children; some have grown children. Some have fabulous careers; others have picked and chosen, whether right or wrong.

There are several friends missing from this picture but the essence is there. Young women embarking on it all ... careers, marriage, motherhood.

I hope we were toasting our parents for giving us this opportunity but I doubt that's what was going through our minds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a word about the south and our choice in clothing--I can safely say your hat is to small for your head-(I think that is you) no self respecting southern belle would wear a tube top with overalls. And we stop wearing pigtails at about age-I dont know-MAYBE 8!!!! You know I love yall!!! Beth

janis said...

FYI to Beth: Sher is in the bottom left corner. How can you miss that smile? ps, that isn't me with the overalls but I sure did wear clothes like that in the early 80's! jan

Anonymous said...

Janis--I stand corrected-I just have a hard time seeing Sher in pigtails-but I do see that sweet smile now. I am showing my age-in the 80's I was married and probably getting ready to have Kelly. I would wear a tube top now but it would look more like a tire tube..I hope I did not hurt your feelings. Beth

Sheri Riley said...

I got married in the early 80s too. Beth, you are not old.