Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Never say Never

Just like the word "hate," I also try to avoid the word "never." One is cruel and the other is permanent. If I'm expected to keep growing and learning, neither of these words belongs in my vocabulary.

I've had girlfriends announce they will never remarry. I've attended the next wedding. The husband likes to state (loudly) that he will never have another dog after this one. My next dog and I will miss him.

As far as I can tell, I will probably never go sky diving and I will avoid camping with everything I can muster. I might hate ideas or situations I find myself in -- I will not hate people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I have used both words w/my daughter.I have never told her I hated her nor would I ever not forgive her, but I have hated some choices she has made and vowed never to give her any money. I broke both those within 30 minutes of saying them.I will NEVER skydive. Fat people fall to fast and I dont trust a piece of nylon to save me. Beth

Anonymous said...

Patsy says "I love Beth"

Anonymous said...

Sarah Crist got me to skydive with her for her high school graduation present. Once was enough for me but I know your Dad loved it. As you said-- Never say Never.

Rich