Monday, September 1, 2008

Power

There's an old saying:
Power comes from three things -- love, words and the sea. Great care should be taken because they can cause joy or grief, salvation or destruction.

I'm drawn to this because it covers three of my favorite things. But, I know power comes in other forms too.

There's nothing wrong with power. People run companies, run countries, run families. These are all powerful positions. I am a control freak but it's mainly toward myself. I don't crave power but I seem to be attracted to it.

I have seen and lived the power of love.
I have used the power of words to heal and to harm.
The power of the sea (or water in general) overwhelms me.

Today I'm going to use my power in a positive way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this--I am going to print and put it under the glass top on my desk at work. I need to be reminded of this alot. Thanks...love to you both Beth