Friday, November 7, 2008

Animal


What do people do in college? With the baby in midst of his sophomore year, I'm balancing asking about grades and asking about the fraternity. I remember the days and I'm trying to avoid being intrusive. He's grown. His morals are set. But he will push the limit, as most of us did. Frankly, I don't trust anybody who has never tried to get away with something.

The photo above is Animal. My boyfriend and first husband lived with him. I knew him first and he was introduced to me with this name. He used to talk us into insane stuff -- let's all go to Skinema West! He would walk through our dorm floor and shout "Taco Bell!" Some of us climbed out of our lofts and said "Yes, I could use a taco."

Lately I've been thinking about my college friends. I've lost touch with him but I get occasional updates from others.

His name is Steve. I did not know this for many years. He's always Animal to me.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

Let's hope he's still a fun lovin' guy.

janis said...

He was hilarious and always so nice to me. All your college friends were. I was so glad to feel welcomed by them.