Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Move to Town and Take the Paper

This phrase is one of the husband's favorites. It's applicable in many situations and conversations.

Very little shocks me anymore but I am blown away by the number of people who have recently told me that they don't take the paper. Yes, I realize that many people choose to get their news from television or the Internet. I do too. Yes, I know that many people do not share my compulsion for the printed word. But, I'm talking about people of my own generation and older.

Few people have endless hours of free time. What's going on in your school system? What issues are before the city/county council? Did your team win? The answers about local issues should be found in your local paper.

A hot cup of coffee and reading the paper is my favorite part of the day.

3 comments:

cecily crossman said...

It's my favorite part too. This morning it was 3 hours.

Anonymous said...

our paper list divorces,school lunch menus,marriages,building permits,arrest reports.Our town is small so there's not much to report.It does report national news but after last night, I have read and heard all I can stand for awhile. I cant wait to make tomato gravy for your friends.

janis said...

sorry Sher,
I gave up my subscription this past year. Until the Star starts reporting non-bias, I will not subscribe. I do go pick up the Sunday Paper every week as I enjoy the inserts, Lets Go, and of course the Opinion Section.
I did enjoy our small town paper from New Palestine though.