Thursday, November 6, 2008

What am I Supposed to Learn?

When life throws curves, I was taught to pay attention. It may not be fun but there should be a lesson there. My parents didn't tell me what to do. They would ask, "What are you going to do?"

I'm asking myself this question these days.

In 6th grade, I shared the spelling answers with the student who sat next to me. I was trying to be nice but my report card had "CHEATED" written across it. It was humiliating and although it was 35 years ago, it still gives me shivers.

I've done the corporate thing, the small agency thing and owning my own business. All have provided valuable experience but I'm still not sure what I learned and if I learned enough.

I can maneuver through basic computer programs and I can find my way on the Internet. I can download songs, photos and other images. I can text. I still find myself way behind the learning curve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

patience is what we should all learn from life's experieces.

cecily crossman said...

Also you're a gifted communicator.

Anonymous said...

I would tell you what I thought you should do, but you didn't always like it and didn't do it.
Love,
Mom