Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Self Esteem

Life everyting else that requires nurturing, if neglected or allowed to happen. your self esteem will erode. It's bit by bit, a process so slight (and slightly devious) that you don't realize it until the bottom falls out from under you.

Welcome to bottomville!

In the last couple of days I found a piece of my self-esteem and I'm holding on to it for dear life. I've looked in the mirror and seen the woman that can laugh, cherish and love. I've also experienced kindness that is above and beyond the call of duty.

I will spare you the gory details out of respect for others but needless to say, I have a rocky road ahead. I forgot that you should get out of bed and look forward to the day ahead instead of dreading what may lie before you.

I vow to never forget again. The blog is not ending, just taking a turn in a new direction. At least the title makes sense again -- I am living with my oldies -- just not the same ones.

7 comments:

janis said...

I see a glimpse of the Sheri I use to know shine through.

"What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger".

You will come through this, and I am actually excited to see you emerge and morph into a Stronger Super Sheri.

Take one day at a time, and remember you are loved so very much!
FF

Anonymous said...

We love you Sheri! Patsy

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! You have so many people who are there for you no matter what or what time it may be. I thought life was supposed to get easier as we get older, boy was I wrong! Maybe you, and the rest of us, could use another get together. The last one sure was fun. Kim

Anonymous said...

We could have a lot of fun at my house.

I have plenty of room an lots of sleeping space in case anyone celebrates too much!!!!

Let's plan a party and blow off stress and steam. Or at least make this a good excuse to have another reunion.

Rich

janis said...

I want to go to Rich's! When & where? It's Thanksgiving and we can celebrate what we are thankful for, a Lifelong friendship of the Pasadena Gang.

Anonymous said...

Just remember bottomville is never ending. You could always go lower but I know you won't. You have to many friends and loved ones to let that happen. You do have a rocky road but I will put your shoes on for you or carry you over the rocks. I am here and I am listening 24-7

Anonymous said...

Let's make this happen!

Jan-- Call me -- I am in the phone book--- I am in town except for december 5/6. Otherwise-- My house is wide open.

Sheri-- My thoughts and prayers are with you--

Just listened some Dan Foelgerberg and reminded me of you.

"Met my old lover in the grocery store"

Remind you of Purdue?

Smell you later---- rich