Friday, November 21, 2008

Doggie Dynamics

Houseboy brought the maniac dog to me yesterday. Sorry to be ridiculous but I wept. Perhaps the reason I am so crazy about the maniac is she has been my bright spot. I didn't realize how much until the last few days.

My current oldies (although they are not very old) have been kind enough to let me live with them, mooch off them, etc. I run around rearranging their furniture, interrupting their well-oiled routine, making coffee at 5:00am, etc. The dog has always been an issue with female oldie. She's slightly afeared of big dogs (bad episode in her childhood) but she's also aware that the Gabster can be a tornado, i.e. "Hope you didn't like all that glass stuff on the table because I just wiped it out with my tail."

Here's a couple of other reasons I wept:
I was reminded, repeatedly, that there are still people who value something other than material possessions.
I stood in awe as my oldies said, "We would never ask you to go without your dog. We'll figure it out."

They have two little dogs -- a sweetie and a biter (although she's growing on me.) The biter thinks she is the alpha dog; Gabby has no desire to be the alpha dog but she freaks them out. We're all getting acclimated. Gabby slept with me last night and she keeps looking at me like, "You never told me this was an option."

I don't think the little dogs are having a barking good time but who knows? Sometimes it's good to have your world shaken a bit. Trust me. I know.

3 comments:

janis said...

Glad to see you have fit "a barking good time", into conversation. I knew you'd like that phrase.
I am also glad to see that Gabby is fitting into the new schedule. I was so happy to see her today, she tells me things are just peachy! And she is so excited to actually share a crate with you!

Anonymous said...

Good to have you back!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am dog sitting again this weekend and Lour just woke me up to go outside. She did not need to do anything-- just needed me to wake up and acknowledge her. As much as this pissed me off at first-- I forgave her and am now up at late night typing on this-- I do love her unconditional love and am sure Gabby gives that to you as well. I let her sleep in my bed and as big as it is-- she finds a way to crowd me out.

I need to meet Gabby and bring Lour over to play. She has never met a dog she did not love.

We need to get in contact and plan our holiday reunion. Call me---

Lour is now licking spots on her body she shoud be ashamed of.

I am jelious!!!

Rich