Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Puddles

Yesterday was one of those gray, rainy days. I was irritated because rain or any kind of moisture does weird things to my hair. Hey, your life can be in shambles but in certain moments it all comes down to your hair.

Then, the sun came out and we had a few puddles around. As a child, I was not the splash-through-the-muddy-water kind of girl. Too bad for me. It might have taught me that life if full of muddy waters. Instead of pretending the puddle isn't there, maybe I would've learned to jump right in and deal with the dirt and muck.

Forgive this horrible analogy: I am now the puddle. For my entire life I have been able to be reduced to a puddle of laughter or a puddle of tears. (Isn't the earth 90% water? I am also.)

Puddles force you to choose. You can walk around. You can splash through. You can step over. Call me "Puddles" because no one is pushing through or stepping over.

2 comments:

janis said...

Puddles!
For as long as I have known you, I still find it sad that we did not meet sooner. I am a puddles kind of girl! You know that. When the girls were little they loved going for puddle walks. Our neighbors just laughed as I would take them as well as any other neighborhood kids wanting to go, as we would walk down the street through every puddle we met. Unless it looked yucky. It's fun to get wet & dirty! Gabby would love it too!

Anonymous said...

I have stopped telling the boys to watch out for the puddles because they do it naturally and plow right through every one. Patsy