Tuesday, November 11, 2008

True or False?

I am one of those weird people who loved tests in school. When I was in journalism school, we were required to read five newspapers a day and on any given day, there would be a pop quiz. I still read the newspaper as if there might be a quiz.

Here's a little true or false quiz for the day:

I don't take people for granted.

I don't treat strangers with more kindness than my own family.

I apologize easily and sincerely.

I abide by my moral code.

I say "I love you" often.

I don't raise my voice in anger.

I laugh with abandon.

I pay my bills on time.

I treasure my friends and make sure that they know it.

I'm not afraid to bargain.

I'm not afraid to don a swimsuit.

I treat my health and my body with respect.

I do not let bad experiences harden my heart.

I try to learn something new every day.

I treasure tradition and am also open to new adventures.

I speak, or am learning, a second language.

I cry when I feel like it.

I wish I could tell you I answered "true" to all of these. That would be false. For instance, I speak a mean version of Pig Spanish -- a combination of Spanish, Portuguese and English.

Now I'm not sure if this is a quiz or a guide to things I want to do better.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

These are all good thoughts. Wish I could say "true" to all but cannot say that on a few of them. I don't even want to think about the bathing suit comment.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Guess what? I answered yes to all of the questions. The only true yes would have been if asked if I am a liar. By the way, congratualations of the blog in this morning's paper. I really enjoyed it. Patsy

janis said...

HaHaHA! ha Hahaha! sorry, a couple of those made me laugh. Aren't you funny?
ps something is just wrong with you about the whole loving quiz and tests. just WRONG WRONG!

Anonymous said...

Just had to type in the secret word twirder to post this comment--

Beliver it or not Jan-- it did not kill me--- just kidding-- I did need to put on my newly needed reading glasses to read it!

Sheri-- thanks for positing pics of Porky's-- I have not seen pics of Dennis/Animal for years--- last I heard about Animal he was in Milwaukee. I think Dennis returned back to Terre Haute, IN.

Was off to Oregon/Washington with Dad and your baby sister's husband all last week-- he did not get an ELK but told me the learning experience was great. Dad and I had a great time gettng to know Eric better.

Thanks for the pics again--- took me right back to the ole IU days!!


Rich

-