Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Things I don't know

I still don't know what tomato gravy is. My assumption is that it is some sort of stewed tomatoes. Do you put it over potatoes? Rice? Noodles? Biscutis? All I know is that my cousin keeps threatening to come here and force feed it to me. I can vomit on command with the words "tomato" and "gravy" in the same sentence.

I don't know why people are mean to each other.

I don't know why that woman on the Smucker's jar stopped smoking at 97-years old and now we're saluting her 106th birthday. Meanwhile, we're mourning a 2-year old victim of abuse or neglect.

I don't know why some 45-year old women are starting their families and others are raising their grandchildren.

I don't know why our ears, noses and feet are the parts of our bodies that continue to grow as we age. I would pick some different parts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomato gravy is served over rice or if you are lucky, your mom's home made biscuits.I cant wait to make it for you..nothing like it in the world. As far as the other things you dont know...just take your medication and let it go.

cecily crossman said...

I'm with you re: Tomatoe Gravy. But if you haven't tried it keep an open mind.

But if I want to consume those calaries I'll pick white sausage gravy - over toast.

janis said...

I think I would love that tomato gravy! Please call me over if your cousin ever makes it for you (: I am game for just about anything veggie except those onions!