Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Crimes & Misdemeanors

Once, the husband and I were having dinner and I realized the oldies needed a prescription that I had dropped off earlier. I left immediately and arrived at the drug store about 10 minutes after closing time. I could see the assistant manager vacuuming so I started banging on the door. She knows me so she let me in. With apologies, she warned me that the pharmacy had already closed out for the evening. It didn't stop me! I ran back yelling the pharmacist's name. She peeked out from behind the draping and said, "Sorry, we've already closed the register." It didn't stop me! After a brief discussion, she gave me the pills with the understanding that I would pay for them the next day. I'd have to check with my attorney but I think we could've both been in big trouble for that little transaction.

I lie for the oldies every day. I call people (Realtors, credit card companies, doctors, etc.) and if they push me, I do what it takes to get it done. The oldies are relieved and I'm guilty. I try very hard to live an honorable life and the oldies have turned me into an occasional fraud.

As sad as it is, pushy people get things done.

No comments: