Thursday, May 10, 2007

Thumps in the Night

The oldies have bizarre sleep patterns. Well, she does. He could sleep through a tsunami.

I used to sleep like a baby. These days, I am awakened regularly by sounds. She's doing laundry at 3:00 am. She's going outside to have a cigarette. She's fixing him a snack. So, I lie in bed wondering if she's going to fall, if she remembered to lock the door when she came back in, if she's using the stove, etc. Exhaustive and not condusive to a good night's sleep.

Last year, I was in Florida with some friend and my husband was sound asleep in our bed. She fell in the laundry room, split her head open and crawled into our bedroom to get help. He describes it as waking up to a horror movie. She was covered in blood, head to toe. Even going through that experience doesn't stop her.

I'm thinking of instituting a bedroom curfew. Yeah, that's going to happen!

No comments: