Friday, May 18, 2007

Open House

When the oldies first moved in with us, they were completely freaked out by the number of people in and out of this house. Kids, their friends, our friends, neighbors, workmen, etc.

I had an email exchange with one of my relatives. She and her husband are very diligent about security, which is wise. When I explained to her that no less than 10 people have a key to my house, plus a few others know the code on the garage door, she now wants to have me committed.

When the oldies lived in their own home, days could go by without a visitor. Now they deal with a parade of people in and out. I know it makes them nuts. I have no qualms about someone seeing me without makeup nor do I feel the need to explain if the house is not spick and span. I'm just honored that someone wants to visit me.

Come in. Fix yourself a drink. It may not be as clean as it should be but you are welcome here.

No comments: