Sunday, May 27, 2007

Soundtracks

The husband (Big Daddy) and the child (Baby) gave me an iPod for Christmas. As I download music and go through favorite songs, I am transported in time.



I picture girlfriends singing their lungs out to REO Speedwagon, Lynryd Skynyrd, The Beatles, Boston, Rod Stewart, SuperChamp, etc.



I think of every boy that this was "our song."



I think of every concert I attended with my dad. George Jones and Willie Nelson rule. George Strait too. I'm a huge fan of country music now but as a child, I was mortified to get on the school bus and be singing or humming some country song.

I know which songs make me feel sad, make me feel sexy, make me feel loved. It's an interesting journey. Some people track their lives through photos. I think I'm doing it with songs.

No comments: