Thursday, May 24, 2007

In the Closet

I'm not sure when we started associating the phrases "in the closet" or "out of the closet" with homosexuality. When I say I'm "in the closet," I am literally in my closet. Walk-in closets are one of the greatest ideas of our time. Mine has a packing table and lots of space. Many days, it's my favorite room. Sometimes, I drag a chair in there just to think.

When the husband and I remodeled 10 years ago, I mapped it out. This is mine! He's encroached on the territory a tad bit but I always remind him that I'm not very good at sharing things.

Many years ago, a girlfriend was going through a bad situation with her husband. She called me from her closet.

If you can't find me, I'm hiding from the oldies, hiding from the world. I'm in my closet.

No comments: