Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Missing Someone Who's Still Here

We had a scare today. Nothing life-threatening or terribly serious -- just enough to shake you back into reality.

The mother-in-law gets very weak and occasionally needs blood. It's frightening to me. I made a fool of myself in the doctor's office today while she passed out/fell asleep in the reception area. After I dropped her off at the hospital, I started wondering about life without her here. We've developed quite a little routine. We watch our favorite shows together. We gripe about the family together. Although I am a little too "tart" for her tastes, she gets me. She could do without my profanity, but other than that, we have a very similar sense of humor.

She comes home tomorrow. Maybe I'll fry something for her.

No comments: