Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Water

The pool is open! Many of my friends have pools but that has never appealed to me. Looks like a lot of work. Instead, I wait impatiently for our club pool to open and then jump up and down like a 5-year old when it does. As old members, the girlfriends and I have commandeered our special spot. We call it "Cocktail Corner." After golf, the husbands are allowed to join us. Every once in a while, some unknowing person ventures into our space. Wrong! We find a way to move them along. (We're usually polite.) You have to have been around the block a time or two to sit in Cocktail Corner.

I have friends with lake cottages. I can be packed before I hang up the phone. My blood pressure goes down significantly the moment I see the lake. Dogs and friends make for added fun but mainly, I like looking at the water, watching the sunset, cocktails on the pier and our other routines. (The wet dogs make Big Daddy crazy.) Dinner at 8pm? Dinner at 10pm? Who cares? Let's all go for a boat ride.

I love the ocean. Some people have this weird thing about flying over water. Are you any less dead if you crash in water versus on land? Call me crazy but I don't think so. I love to walk along the beach, I love the crash of the waves, I love the enormity of it all. I love the smell of ocean air. I love the memories.

The husband has a similar fondness for the mountains. I understand that. Mountains are majestic and I am in awe of the beauty they behold. I still need some water.

When I need an escape from the oldies, I love to take a swim in my tub.

No comments: