Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Bad Dogs Have More Fun

Any dog lover worth his or her salt has read the runaway hit book, Marley and Me, by John Grogan. Especially if you own (or have ever owned) a Lab or any Retriever.

Grogan has a new book out titled, Bad Dogs Have More Fun. It's a collection of articles he did for The Philadelphia Inquirer. The topics go beyond dog stories and it's a fun little read. Here's an excerpt:

The current Lab-in-residence at the Grogan house thinks "Come!" is a suggestion she is happy to take under advisement and get back to us on. She's never met a rustling leaf that hasn't been worth barking herself hoarse over.

... Gracie's unique gift is her eye-tongue coordination. This allows her to leap into the air and smash her snout into our faces at the exact moment we are opening our mouths to speak, allowing her to jam her tongue where no canine tongue was meant to go. We call her the Phantom Frencher.

Beyond the fun stories, the title makes me laugh. Plus, the cover shot is precious. I have given the book an honor spot on my kitchen window sill so I will smile every time I do dishes or stroll through the kitchen.

I threatened to send Gabby with the oldies. She's still right by my side. So, I'm going to load my bad dog in the car and take her to the lake for the season's last hurrah.

No comments: