Friday, September 21, 2007

Picking Paint Colors

Although my dad is semi-retired, he still seems to work an awful lot. One of his talents that is most in demand is painting. I don't recall a single residence that I've lived in that he hasn't done a lot of painting. Of course, I have referred him to many of my girlfriends so I don't think he'll ever run out of projects.

My friend Mickey and her husband are on a 10-day trip/cruise in Italy. (Have I mentioned how much I want to go to Italy? I am totally jealous.) It made sense to have some painting done while they're gone so she hired my dad and had some sample colors picked out.

Here's the scary part. She called me the night before they left and said, "If your dad has any questions about the colors, you have my proxy to change them." Such responsibility! And of course, he did have questions -- he didn't like one of the accent colors. So, I went over and I hated it too. I used my proxy and suggested a different color. I drove over the next day to see one wall, just to make sure it worked.

Today I'm going to stop by to see the finished project. She comes home in three days. What if she hates it? I think I'm developing an ulcer over this.

In our old house, there was a pink stripe in the carpeting around the great room. (It sounds awful but it was pretty and picked up the pink in the stained glass.) I had the brilliant idea to use some pink on the walls. I went away and came home to a room the color of Pepto Bismol. Since that experience, I've had serious doubts about my ability to pick paint colors.

My dad says it looks great. I sure hope she agrees. If not, I may max out a credit card and run away to Italy.

1 comment:

cecily crossman said...

If your dad says it looks great - it looks great!