Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bed Hopping

The husband works very hard. He also plays (golf) very hard. Sometimes he falls asleep in his chair in the evenings. I used to be the sweet wife: "Come to bed, Honey." Then I realized that he wakes up with such a shock that I refuse to be responsible for a heart attack or a stroke. If he's sleeping comfortably, I leave him there. He'll wake up eventually and crawl in bed.

Sometimes we get cranky. You're thrashing! You're snoring! Get your knee off of me.

We both like to fall asleep with the television. Unless it's one of those great Discovery/History/Court TV Channel stories that captures my interest, I'll find another room.

Our cable went out the other day. It was only the digital cable -- basic cable was still functioning. I couldn't find him. I finally found him in the baby's room, watching some sports.

We hop around. I'll take this sofa and this tv. Then, we act like 12-year-olds and sneak up on each other. "What are you watching?" We're stealth bombers with the remotes. If I think he's dozing, I'll grab it. The other night, I put the bedroom remote in a drawer. When he asked for it, I said, "No, you are not sharing so it has gone away for a while."

Last night he was watching sports in our bedroom. He fell asleep. I crawled into bed and changed the channel.

No comments: