Saturday, September 8, 2007

Your Side

It's comforting to know someone is on your side. Sometimes the husband and I will have a discussion and one of us will say, "Please be on my side about this." It's an honest and reasonable plea so we usually comply. Or, we're very direct and say, "I can't."

The oldies never have this conversation. It is a moot point. He does what she tells him to do and she protects him like a pit bull on steroids.

Lately, I'm having a different twist on this conversation: Stay on your side.

When we visit our friend's lake cottage, the bed is smaller than our bed at home. The husband sprawls. So, I start chanting, "Stay on your side."

Occasionally, our dog will try to put her head in my lap or paw at me while I'm driving. I just say, "Stay on your side." Miraculously, this is one command she obeys.

Last night, I tried to get the bedroom remote control. The husband used two dog commands in combination: Not yours! and Stay on Your Side!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

It would surgpris me if you obeyed his commands.