Monday, September 3, 2007

I've (Almost) Run Out of Teenagers

The baby is happily off at college. My next door neighbor's child (and my friend) is there too. My elder goddaughter is attending a different college, but she's out of here also. I'm a mess.

I don't know how to throw a party without some teenagers to help with errands and hauling. If I go brain dead with some computer issue, I need a teenager. When work calls me away for hours at a time, I could count on a teenager to help with Gabby or the oldies. Why can't I program my iPod or my cellular phone? My usual answer would be provided by one of my teenagers.

The teenage years are when the young ones test the waters. It's a little dance. The rest of us who survived the teenage years cha cha back. We've been there. We remember. That's especially scary for parents, even parents of "good" kids.

I need my teenagers. I want them to have this great experience of college and the big, wide world. But, I hope they come home for the holidays because I need some help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you! I need my teenager here too, as our oldest knows nothing about the workings of her iPod or computer. I am in the same boat. Due to sports, our baby unfortunately won't be able to come home until shortly before Thanksgiving and it is driving me crazy. I have no doubt I'll be traveling all over the mid-west to see her games. Want to join me? Perhaps we can do another road trip down to Bloomington as well.....I am more than ready to head that way!

Love,
Pam