Sunday, September 2, 2007

Do You Ever Get Off the Computer?

The husband asked me this question the other day and I had to really think about it.

I travel. I go many places without access to email or blogs. Unless it's a business trip, I rarely take my laptop. I enjoy downtime as much as anyone.

But ...

Most clients and friends are on to my dirty little secret. I check email compulsively. I read the comments on my blogs and then I check other blogs. If I can't sleep, I get on the computer. If I have a writing thought, I like to go with it.

The parade of people in and out of this house know where to find me. Anyone looking for me comes in the kitchen door, hangs a right and pops their head in my office.

I guess the answer to the husband's question is "No." Even if I'm not sitting in front of the computer, I'm mentally still there.

No comments: