Sunday, September 9, 2007

UFOs

The husband thinks it's conceited and absurd to believe that there isn't life on other planets. I don't know. But, I do know I have experienced two UFO sightings in my life.

The first time was a perfectly clear and calm night. My girlfriend (J) lived a couple of streets away and our usual custom was to meet each other half way. We met at our designated spot and headed back to my house. A large, low-flying thing appeared in the sky and proceeded to hover above us. At first we were just teasing each other about it being a UFO. We started to walk a little faster. It still hovered. Then we ran. We raced in the house, threw open my bedroom window and watched for a few more minutes. It hung within our sight for a few more minutes and then flew away.

The second time was with my Aunt Connie. We had a weekly ritual of going to the library and sometimes I got to spend the night in her apartment. We pulled into her parking lot, loaded with books and packages, and we noticed an odd-shaped thing in the sky. The lights were multi-colored and very vivid. As a joke, she rolled down the window and said, "Hey, we're over here!" It immediately zipped to us. Planes don't move like that. Helicopters don't move like that. We got out of the car and ran into her apartment. I was a 'fraidy cat (maybe she was too,) so we decided to call my parents. The phone was dead. So, while I was peeping out the window she ran to a neighbor to use the phone. Like the first sighting, it hovered a while and then zipped away.

Both of these incidents occurred when I was an adolescent. Yet, I still have UFO sightings every day.

I call them: Underfoot, Frying, Oldies.

2 comments:

janis said...

Yes, it did happen just like that! I will remember forever the fear we had from that UFO. Of course no one believed us & our friends teased us. But Sher & I know what we saw. I, like Sheri, have had several other "encounters". I don't mind, as long as they stay afar. I know I couldn't handle an up close personal encounter. Although, my dear Sheri would be up for the challenge!

cecily crossman said...

I just knew you had something in common with Jimmie Carter.