Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Purple

If you met me today, you might be a little suspicious.

The dog and I had a collision. Her head with my shin and it's now a lovely color, almost like eggplant. Big Daddy was thrashing in bed and now I have an equally colorful bruise on my other leg.

I was trying to help the oldies by browning a big ol' piece of meat before putting it in the oven for them. (Yes, I try to help.) Some oil splashed and I have two burn marks that are healing. They're also in the purple family.

I'm not that big but I'm pretty hardy. On more than one occasion my mother has threatened to snap me like a twig. There are two reasons that would never happen:

1. She would have to catch me. Although my lungs might turn purple, I would win.
2. She's my biggest fan and champion. We would just fall down laughing and hugging. Then, we would both have new bruises.

When I got married the first time, my bridesmaids wore a lovely shade of lilac/lavendar. My mother wore a deep purple color. I didn't realize it was destined to be my color for life.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I still have permanent bruises from the last time I fell down. Don't think I want to do that again, but I always have a hug for you. Please be more careful with your little body.

cecily crossman said...

Your mom could turn you purple with a look if she wanted.

Your relationship is a treasure to lots of people.

But on the little accidents, be careful. One of the oldies might be trying to send YOU to the home.

janis said...

I hate that you get bruises so easily! I am going to stop by to see your new injuries. By the way, I liked those lavender dresses, but do you remember D's deep purple dresses @ her wedding? You looked gorgegous all tan and curvy. I looked hitius! I had just had one of the babies & looked ghostly in that shade of purple. Please don't start becoming one of those ladies that decide to wear purple w/ red. We will never be that old!