Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Are You a Prude?

Prude: (noun) a person of extreme or exaggerated propriety concerning behavior or speech, one who is easily shocked by sexual matters.

I'm trying to decide if I am one. As usual, I'm in the middle.

I think whatever happens in your bedroom or your sex life is your business. Unless I've known you for several decades, I will be uncomfortable discussing it. Sex scenes in movies or tv shows don't bother me nearly as much as violence, blood and gore -- but sometimes it's too much.

It may be the "in thing" to have a dancing pole or some other apparatus in the bedroom. I have a basket with dog toys. We do not have a stash of X-rated movies. If one of us has muscle pain, Ben Gay might come into play but it's not an aphrodisiac. It's soothing and comforting. It's a spouse saying, "I want to help you feel better."

Dirty jokes don't shock me. I will giggle, even if it's a shaggy dog story that lasts forever. I am a prude about religious or ethnic jokes -- they're not funny to me and I am militant enough to take a stand. Even if it means simply applying my mean face.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

please disregard my previous comment on being happy. I can tell you are sending me the "mean face". I am so feaking happy right now I can hardly stand myself

janis said...

I am a prude and proud of it.