Saturday, July 26, 2008

Hat People


My Aunt Cess has educated me that hats with feathers are wrong. She doesn't wear hats. She doesn't wear fur. So far I've avoided feathers and out of respect for her, I will not go there. But she will not break me of my love for hats.

Crazy Grandma is to blame. She plopped a hat on my head and I've never stopped. I've worn Easter bonnets and I occasionally wear hats to weddings and funerals. I wear beach hats and visors. These days, you're most likely to find me in a baseball cap with a funny saying or a town I have visited.

The husband (correct as usual) thinks we should be weeding some things out. The closet is a good place to start but I immediately shouted, "Don't touch my hats!"

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

Love your hats in the picture - and your big flip flops.

janis said...

I have always loved this picture.