Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sensitive

My entire life has been filled with people trying to toughen me up. When kids on the school bus threatened to hit me and I told my mother about it, she told me to hit them back HARD or she would hit me. For the record, she didn't hit me but her point was well taken.

I'm tougher than I used to be -- it's only taken 45 years. But, I'm still a weenie. Music makes me cry. Commercials can make me weepy. I can burst into tears with an old note or photo.

Yesterday, my goddaughter had her wisdom teeth removed. When I talked to her, the conversation ended with her saying, "I wuv ooh." I remember when the baby had his wisdom teeth removed. I kept talking to him (as he came out of the anesthesia) and I was mean. I was doing little impressions of him. He kept saying, "Op it, Op it."

I have also been through this surgery. My dad and my fiance took me. When I woke up in the recovery room, they would only allow one person to come back and they asked me who to send back.

"I want my Dad!"

I may be a weenie but I'm not stupid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a wise choice! Patsy

Anonymous said...

"Please dont go changing"..."I love you just the way you are". Leave it all to me. I havent insulted or *issed anybody off since Saturday--you know with revival and all this week I've been on my best behavior. Just send me a name--love to yall

Anonymous said...

I'm a big baby too. I can't hear the National Anthem or see a Air Force flyover without crying. I remember not long after Grandma Love died and I was driving down the street and Roberta Flack's "Killing Me Softly" came on the radio and I had to pull over I was crying so hard. To this day I tear up hearing that song. Kim

janis said...

It's good to be sensitive.
I am also glad you talked to Annie. She does "wuv ohh". :)