Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Car Rides

My goldies get car sick. There's something about the backseat that does in people with motion sickness. They bargain with each other for shotgun. This is one of the few afflictions that doesn't affect me. I can read or bop to the music and the motion doesn't bother me. Plus, it distracts me from the husband's driving.

Lots of people have learned that a crying baby can be calmed in a car. To this day, I can count back from 60 and the baby will be sound asleep.

I feel safer with the dog in the car. When I run errands, I usually take her with me. Yesterday, I met my mother, ran a few errands and did the normal daily stuff, but I didn't have the dog. At one point, I was cleaning out the car. Maniac dog had planted herself in the passenger seat (she called Shotgun!) and was looking at me with great expectations.

We went for a long drive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leaving work last night,driving like a bat out of *ell-(had to hurry-we have revival at church this week) I'm thinking it's starting to rain. Then I noticed a young woman driving w/her window down,hair blowing in the wind. Riding shotgun is her dog,head out the window slobbering all over my windshield!! I immediately thought of you.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of high school. One of my good friends, Charlie, used to stick his head out the window (of my now in-laws Cadillac)and go down the Parkway barking like a dog. Maybe we were just stupid then but it sounded just like a dog. And just maybe it was the thought of no worries and just having fun. Oh, those were the days. Kim

janis said...

How true! Unless I have my sea band wristbands on, I am no fun in the backseat! When Deb gets her turn, I have to sit in the middle, eyes straight ahead focused on the road!