Friday, July 18, 2008

Don't You Hate It When ...

I try very hard to never use the word "hate" toward people. I have no problem using it according to a situation or a dilemma.

I hate it when ...

An advertised product is out of stock.

Every traffic light turns red as I approach.

Someone I love is hurting.

I put my foot in my mouth.

I can't remember a person's name.

My checkbook doesn't jive with the bank.

I spend time on my hair only to get caught in a downpour.

My favorite glasses go AWOL.

I overhear someone make a disparaging comment about a person I care about.

The phone or the doorbell knocks out my train of thought.

I hurt someone's feelings or let them down.

The dog eats my favorite slippers.

The power goes out and I have to reset every clock.

My To Do List overwhelms me.

I can't track down my parents. They are supposed to be available to me 24/7.

Clothes I love don't fit.

A date night is interrupted by a screaming child. (I think if they are allowed to bring a bratty child, I should be allowed to bring my dog and her squeaky ball.

Clutter becomes acceptable.

People don't understand how beautiful and powerful they are.

People don't stand for the Star Spangled Banner, And for Heaven's sakes, take off your hat.

People wear sandals without bothering to groom their feet. Ick!

Grown men wear Speedos.

Men date and marry women younger than their daughters.

Looks are more valued than brains.


This could go on forever so I'll stop now. What do you hate?

2 comments:

janis said...

you pretty much covered it. But let me think for a second...

People that eat with their mouths open, & talk with food in their mouths.

Servers in restaurants that are not well groomed, or touch their face, hair, etc..

meat counter people that touch anything, also cough or sneeze around the meat counters, generally, I don't like most meat counter people.

People that do not teach manners to their children.

People that have pets but have no business having them.

People that talk, chomp, figet, in the movies.

Young adults with no respect.

Show offs.

Bigots.

Movies that still give me nightmares twenty plus years later.

Interest rates.

Not remembering how to spell correctly.

Not being able to say what I mean or mean what I say.

You could really go on couldn't you?

Anonymous said...

I hate not seeing my parents and asking their advice.
I hate it when people are mean to the ones I love.
I hate it when the check out girl at Walmart tells me how tired she is or how she hates her job-I never hesitate to tell her,"Burger King is hiring and they let you can wear a crown".
I hate not being near to my cousins.
I hate the pictue of that tattooed woman you posted.