Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Home Town

For many years, the husband's agency handled Indiana tourism. We used to joke that "Indiana Tourism" is an oxymoron.

While my niece Kelly was here, we visited many of our city's attractions. It's very easy to forget all the arts, culture and sports available here. I was invigorated to show off our city.

The husband says Indianapolis lulls you. It is known for hospitality and sports but we don't get enough credit for our love of the arts. We don't have an ocean and we don't have mountains but we have a lot. In some ways, we're the most southern town of the Midwest. Hospitality is our game. We do it well.

As a young person, I had big plans. I was going to go to NY to dance. Didn't do it. I was going to either coast and make something of myself. Didn't do it.

The husband has lived in many cities. I have not. The daughter has spread her wings and flown to Texas. The baby will probably do the same, with a city that he chooses.

As you know, I love to travel. I also love it when the plane lands and I'm back home again.

No comments: